Let's Talk: Supporting my local library.

I have too many books.

I never thought that it was possible to have too many books, but I do. I think I decided I'd reached too many when I stubbed my toe on one of the piles on my bedroom floor awaiting new shelves. 

So, what should I do with the excess? 

I adore books. I love having a huge collection that I can dip into whenever I fancy revisiting a story or learning something from a non-fiction. This is also why I love my local library. 
It's only a small building, and the majority of the time I have to order a book I specifically want. But it's still an amazing place. 
My six year old is also a fan. She searches the shelves with a look of awe. Scouring through the collections of books about science or history (which she loves) or selecting another storybook to lose herself in.

Unfortunately libraries are constantly in fear of having their funding cut. Many are closing down because they cannot afford to stay open and are not classified as "essential". My local library has cut hours many times because of staffing or funding issues. 

That is why I have chosen to donate my excess books to the library. I called to check and they do accept second hand books to either circulate or sell in their book sale events. Is there a better way to thank them for their contribution to my love of words? 

Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.